The Tax Council’s mission is to provide leadership in the tax and fiscal policy arenas, to contribute to a better understanding of complex tax laws and regulations through informational forums and to advocate sound tax and fiscal policies that encourage capital formation and preservation in order to enlarge productive investment and generate national economic growth.
- Membership comprised of (but not limited to) “Fortune 500” companies, major trade associations and leading accounting and law firms.
- Development of priority policy positions on critical tax issues.
- Sponsorship of timely, informative and compelling tax programs.
- Regular networking opportunities with professional peers, Congressional and Administration tax leaders and top private sector tax experts.
- Monthly hosting of Legislative Luncheons with speakers from Congress, the Administration and the private tax sector.
- Mini-Conferences with 1-2 hour panel discussions of current tax issues.
- Annual 3-Day Tax Legislative Conference in Palm Beach , Florida .
- Affiliation with Tax Council Policy Institute (TCPI) which sponsors an annual 2-day tax symposium and supporting mini-symposia.
- Tax Policy Committee develops positions on important tax issues.
- Ongoing communications with key tax policy decision makers in the Congress and Administration through statements, letters and meetings.
- Support of other tax groups through the Strategic Alliance Initiative.